Wednesday 22 June 2011

the ebay user experience - Confirm Item Receipt

I regularly buy items from eBay. And for every item shipped, I receive a Confirm Item Receipt email after a week or two. And I am not happy about the interaction further. The email has a link, which opens up the ebay login screen. Once logged in, the User interface speaks too many things.  Just to confirm whether the item was received or not, why the system displays the confirmation in the last bottom end row?

The two radio buttons to confirm the item receipt are shown at the extreme bottom of the user interface, while the current status is shown on the top. In the middle there is the Shipping details, and leaving feedback options. Come on.. I am supposed to confirm item receipt. I know whether I received that item or not. Who will store all those shipping tracking nos for two weeks?


If I were about to redesign it... this would be my first iteration :

How about showing the radio buttons in the "CURRENT STATUS" column itself? would have made my life easy. Notice the green and orange boxes in the UI mock below.




Let's make things simple and easy. If there is a second iteration, I'd hide the shipping and item receipt and reveal them when clicking a link there.

No comments:

Post a Comment